CADES Facilities Department Employment
- Full-time employees (30-40 hours per week) and Part-time employees (20-30 hours per week) are eligible for benefits through CADES.
- CADES offers three options for medical coverage through IBX. Some plans may require a monthly premium or co-pay. Coverage begins the first of the month after the 60-day waiting period from the date of employment.
- Vision and prescription coverages are available through IBX with enrollment in a medical plan option.
- Dental coverage through Met Life.
- Coverage can be extended to family members of the employee, with premiums paid through payroll deduction.
- Flexible spending accounts, funded by voluntary pre-tax deduction from payroll, are available for uncovered medical expenses and child care.
- Physicals, screenings, and vaccines as required by the program.
- Defined Contribution 403b Plan. Plan provides for a base contribution and matching contributions for employee deferrals.
- Group life insurance in the amount of 2x annual base salary. Coverage begins the first of the month after the 60-day waiting period from the date of employment.
- Group long-term disability insurance after three years of service.
- Tuition reimbursement up to a pre-determined annual maximum.
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees.
- Sick, Personal, and Vacation time off accruals (vary by program)
Click here for our online application
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Schedule: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Summary: The Maintenance Technician II is a full-time, non-exempt position with the purpose of providing basic maintenance of all buildings and grounds for CADES, ensuring that they are in a condition of excellence, enabling full programmatic use of facilities at all times; overseeing safety; ensuring compliance with legal requirements; and assisting in building projects for CADES construction, site acquisition, renovation, and maintenance of facilities.
- Supports Facilities to ensure the safety and security of all CADES facilities through a system of quality assurance monitoring activities.
- Completes maintenance needs for the organization, including but not limited to: Painting and patching for Rutgers Avenue and Adult Day Program facilities, Daily external canvass of Rutgers Avenue building to assess safety and cleanliness issues, Basic landscaping, Furniture moves, Gutter cleaning, Light snow removal and salting, Rutgers custodial porter (deliveries, clean up, clog repairs), Supply delivery, Minor pest control, and Ceiling leaks.
- Secure facilities (open and close procedures) based on rotation schedule.
- Maintain appropriate maintenance logs and other required documentation.
- Perform scheduled inspections/repairs on all facility systems.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance
- Current Act 34, Act 151 and Act 114 Clearances
- Valid driver’s license and 3-year adequate driving record; maintain adequate vehicle liability insurance.
- Proficient in general maintenance including; electrical, plumbing, light carpentry, and construction
- Experience installing outdoor and indoor lighting ballasts
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining Flushometers
CADES Human Resources
401 Rutgers Ave.
Swarthmore, PA 19081
Email Angela Strickland
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information (including family members’ genetic information), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. We value and promote diversity as a strategic advantage.
To ensure workplace safety all employees are required to complete an entry screening which includes a temperature check and contact verification. Additionally, masks are worn within the building